Service next Sunday will be conducted by Rev Stewart Glendinning
Presbytery Newsheets are now available on the porch table
Harvest Service Donagh . Joint parishes Harvest Service in Donagh Parish Church tonight at 7pm. Preacher Rev Judi Mc Gaffin (Fahan). All welcome.
MASTERPIECE – A night of worship, prayer, message and food. All ages welcome. Come and find out how you are his great masterpiece!
In Greenbank Hall next Sunday 24th September at 7:30pm.
Moville & Greenbank PW . On Tues 26th September 8pm Movile & Greenbank PW invite you to an evening With Ruth Garvey Williams speaking on the shoebox appeal in Greenbank Hall. Supper will be served afterwards.
Harvest Thankgiving Services . At Hillhead on Sunday 1st October at 10.30am and 7pm. Soloist at evening service Jane Doherty
Concert at Hillhead. There will be a fundraising concert in Hillhead Church Hall on Saturday 7th October at 7.30pm. The Ballymoney Male Voice Choir and Joanne O’Donnell and Finbar Doherty will be preforming. Admission is €10.00
Social at Hillhead
The Social in Hillhead Church Hall will be held on Friday 20th October. Music by Still Water, with dancing from 9.30pm till 1.00am. Admission including supper is €6.00
The Code (2017) Paragraph 30 & 31 –
To be read to the congregation on Sundays 17th & 24th September
- 30. (1) The duty of ruling elders as members of Kirk Session is to work together with the minister in the oversight and government of the congregation, for the upbuilding of God’s people in spiritual fruitfulness and holy concord, and for the extension of Christ’s kingdom among all people. In exercising this leadership the Kirk Session shall oversee and work along with other members who have leadership roles in the congregation.
(2) Ruling elders, by their calling, share equally with ministers in responsibility for practical witness both within the congregation and in the wider world.
(3) In the discharge of their duties each elder should be assigned by the Kirk Session pastoral responsibilities and/or other leadership roles in the congregation.
(4) The Kirk Session, along with the Minister, should seek to ensure that all elders are equipped to fulfil their duties.
- 31. (1) To be chosen for the office of the eldership in a congregation a person must be a voting member of that congregation and a regular attendant on its ordinances. He should be circumspect and exemplary in his conduct, both in the Church and in the world, of acknowledged piety, endeavouring to maintain the worship of God in his family and held in esteem by the people. Women shall be eligible for election on the same conditions as men.
(2) A ruling elder shall not hold office in more than one congregation at the same time, except as a member of an interim Session.
(3) Sub-paragraph (2) shall not apply to retired ministers who may be members in the congregation.
|17th Sept||Jane||Gordon & Kenneth|
|24th th Sept||Austin||Heather & Dolly|
Thank you to all the volunteers for your faithful service. If you are not available please arrange to swap with someone or contact the rota organiser
Announcements are posted on Church’s website each weekend. www.hillheadchurch.org